|Polyester in its original form.|
- The weight of polyester is 1.22-1.38 g/cm3
- It is able to hold forms very well, allowing more things to be made from polyester.
- It can be wet or dry and still remain strong and it dries very quickly.
- Very resistant to stretching and wrinkling. That is why it is widely used in manufacturing clothing.
- Polyester is very resistant to shrinking
- Resistant to abrasion (which means to wear something out by rubbing away or by friction, and by mildew which is a form of fungi)
- Transparent ( reason for most water bottles are colorless and transparent being made form polyester.)
|Manufacturers love using polyester as it is|
resistant to stretching and wrinkling. Freemder, F.A. (Photographer). (2010).
- When burned, polyester gives off a strong odour.
- The molten residue can cause many harmful burns when it comes in contact with human skin.
- Polyester melts at a temperature of 249-288° C